- Select the "Condition" of your item.
- In your title, use descriptive keywords like brand, size, style, and color.
- Take and upload photos that show your item from a variety of angles. Here are some great tips for taking photos that sell.
- If you are using the eBay app, you can also add photos from your photo library on your phone or use your phone camera to take photos.
- Add a detailed description and include any unique features or flaws.
- Choose an Auction and/or Buy It Now listing format.
- What's an Auction listing? When you list an item using the Auction format, you choose a starting price and interested buyers place bids. When the auction ends, the highest bidder buys the item at that price.
- What's a Buy it Now listing? With the fixed price Buy It Now listing format, buyers know the exact price they need to pay for your item and can purchase it immediately. There is no bidding on fixed price listings.
- Can I list my item both ways? Yes. When you add a Buy It Now option to an Auction listing, buyers can either purchase your item immediately at the Buy It Now price or place a bid. In most categories, the Buy It Now price must be at least 30% higher than the auction starting price.
- To attract more buyers to your listing, follow these tips:
- Allow offers. Buyers can make offers on your item and you can choose to accept or decline them, or make a counteroffer.
- Duration. Buy it Now listings have Good 'Til Canceled duration by default. Keep this setting so that your item remains listed until sold or canceled.
- Review your listing.
- Click "List it."
Your listing may not be immediately searchable by keyword or category for several hours (up to 24 hours in some circumstances), so eBay can't guarantee exact listing durations.
More on creating a listing you can find here